Welcome to Beyond Technique, the podcast that empowers photographers to bring their businesses to the next level, brought to you by Platypod, Photofocus and Skip Cohen University. Today we chat with creative portrait photographer Gilmar Smith!
Check out Platypod.com, the world’s most compact tripod for photographers!
- How Gilmar got her start in the photography industry
- How photographers can develop their personal style
- How to stay creative
- The role of Platypod in her work as she captures from unique angles
- Ways to involve your family in photo projects
- The role of storytelling in photography
- The importance of constant practice
- How she overcomes creative block
- The backstory behind her new series on KelbyOne
- Advice for photographers just starting out
You can find Gilmar at:
Be sure to let us know if you have any thoughts or questions in the comments section. We do our best to answer all questions in a timely manner.
Have suggestions on future topics you want us to cover? Email us:
You can be the next guest on our podcast
Do you have an idea for a topic or want to hear from your favorite photographer or influencer in our industry? Send an email to [email protected] or [email protected], with the subject line BEYOND TECHNIQUE IDEA. Then write a brief description of your topic or idea. If you are recommending someone, please include their name, contact information and state if you would like to be a guest host.
Share this podcast!
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes.