This week we catch up with two photographers who share insights into taking your skills to the next level. First, Levi Sim sits down with Roberto Valenzuela to talk about lighting and creativity. Then Robert Vanelli catches up with photographer and Photoshop expert Glyn Dewis.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/220931299″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”175″ iframe=”true” /]
Roberto Valenzuela is a photographer based in Beverly Hills, CA. He developed his unique teaching style by following the same practice regimen he developed as a professional concert classical guitarist and educator. He has traveled to every corner of the world motivating photographers to practice and break down the various elements of photography in order to master them through goal setting, self-training, and constant dedication.
Levi and Roberto discuss:
- Who is Roberto?
- Why he wants student to have as much access to him as possible during workshops?
- Photographers need to learn lighting
- Roberto’s challenge for your next photoshoot
- Adjust your lighting to improve your light
- Study photos in person that have amazing light
- Roberto didn’t fall in love with photography with open shade photos
- Tips for helping keep the passion
- What books does Roberto have out and whats about to come out?
- What do you stand for in your photography?
- How to set yourself apart?
- Where can we find Roberto?
Glyn Dewis is a Photographer and a Retoucher. He is also a Photoshop World Instructor based just outside of Oxford in the UK. He works internationally shooting promotional and commercial photos primarily focussed on Physique Athletes, Musicians, Bands and Up and Coming Actors.
Vanelli and Glyn discuss:
- Glyns background
- How he took his past life passion and applied it to his photography?
- What and why hes doing personal projects?
- What is Glyns book about that came out this year?
- Tips on lighting
- Getting rid of Pink Ear
- Advocate of doing what you do and do it well to get noticed.
- Where can you find Glyn Dewis?