Every weekday Photofocus publishes a photograph that our curators have chosen for its impact and excellence. The creator of the image becomes the Photofocus Photographer of the Day. On Sunday the Photographer of the Week is announced. That individual is selected from the Photographer of the Day honorees from that week.
Curators & Category Schedule
- Monday: Lauri Novak curates Travel
- Tuesday: Kevin Ames curates Beauty
- Wednesday: Rob Sylvan curates Outdoor
- Thursday: Bryan Esler curates Sports
- Friday: Bryan Esler curates Street
Submit your photographs directly to Photofocus
You can now submit your photographs directly to Photofocus, and, it couldn’t be easier. This is by far the best way to get your work in front of our curators.
Or use our Photofocus groups
Photofocus Photographer of the Day (POTD) curators scour submissions in the Photofocus groups on Flickr, 500px & Google Plus. Upload photos that you have made that fit one of our current categories: Travel, Beauty, Outdoor, Sports & Street. Tag your image with the category. The more often you submit photographs the better your chances of being chosen. Remember our curators are working professionals. They are looking for great photography for each category.
Find out whose work is featured daily
Sign up for Photofocus email notifications in the right-hand sidebar on the home page to receive a daily digest email announcing the Photographer of the Day as well as links to articles and features published that day.
Latest posts by Kevin Ames (see all)
- Sunday Comics: Magical frame - August 12, 2018
- Enthusiast’s Guide: Using a flash to create double exposures - August 9, 2018
- Photographer of the Day: Jean-François Thibault - August 7, 2018