This week’s podcast interviews two gurus to help you with your photo skills. First up is photographer and host of This Week in Photo, Frederick Van Johnson. Then we catch up with Photoshop guru and lynda.com author Justin Seeley.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/197723200″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”175″ iframe=”true” /]
Frederick Van Johnson
Frederick started is photography career when he enlisted in the millitary. He’s now the host and executive producer of the popular photography podcast This Week in Photo, a show recorded weekly via Google Hangouts and available to watch anytime on YouTube or ThisWeekinPhoto.com.
- Who is Frederick Van Johnson?
- TWIP Talk
- How did Frederick start with Photography?
- How the military played a role?
- Photography appeals to the geek side, technology and artist side of us.
- What happened after the military?
- His path back towards photography
- What does Frederick like to photograph?
- Advice when looking for a career in photography?
- Define what success looks like for you
- How to reverse engineer your path
- Relentless persistance is a super power
- What can you find Frederick?
Justin Seeley is a renowned software trainer and graphic designer with nearly a decade’s worth of experience in the creative media industry. His podcasts consistently rank among the top software how-to podcasts on the iTunes Store and his techniques have been featured on a variety of internet shows and digital publications. To date, Justin has authored over 50 hours of instructional content on a variety of digital imaging and design related topics.
- Who is Justin and his background?
- How does he approach using Photoshop?
- Any core skills everyone should brush up on?
- Some fundamentals of Photoshop
- LAB mode and why its important
- Whats his workflow with Lightroom and Photoshop?
- What are some trends with images and technologies that are improving with Photoshop that help make images better?
- What are some of Justins favorite courses on lynda.com that you should check out?
- Where can we find Justin?