This week’s podcast adds a brand new guest as well as a segment to the show. First up, Rich catches up with Drew Geraci of District 7 Media who’s timelapse and HDR photography has appeared in television shows and commercials. Then Melissa Niu chats with Chase Reynolds and Joey Miller about the most in-demand gear and what’s hot in the photo world.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/143203037″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”175″ iframe=”true” /]
Drew Geraci is a passionate and award winning photographer/videographer who has been in the business for nearly 15 years. He has spent 9 years working as a Mass Communications specialist in the US Navy and 3 years as Multimedia Producer for the Washington Times in Washington, DC. He specializes in motion time-lapse photography and video production.
- Who is Drew and how did he get into motion time-lapse?
- His HDR time-lapse workflow
- What goes into making a time-lapse shoot
- Challenges of time-lapse
- Getting permits and shooting legal
- What keeps Drew going and staying excited about Time-lapse
- Advice for shooters of all levels
- Setting up multiple cameras
- Protecting your rights and work
- New gear
- Where to find Drews work?
Hot Gear Segment
Melissa Niu introduces a new segment to the show. She talks with some experts from LensRentals.com about the hottest cameras on the market. Once a month she’ll explore some of the most popular equipment and dig deeper to see what people enjoy so much about the gear. Be sure to leave questions for future shows in the comments.
- How did Lens Rentals get started?
- Hot camera gear right now
- Favorite lenses
- Where to find Lens rentals and the process
- Special code for Photofocus listeners to save 15%
Rich has published over 100 courses on Lynda.com. Rich has authored several books including From Still to Motion, Understanding Photoshop, Professional Web Video, and Creating DSLR Video.
Latest posts by Richard Harrington (see all)
- 44 Free Presets for Photomatix - July 25, 2016
- Choosing the Right Camera for Video Shooting - July 12, 2016
- Creating Dynamic Black and White Images with Expanded Dynamic Range - July 10, 2016