Rich Harrington has a very special guest on this week’s show. We’re joined by Bryan O’Neil Hughes from Adobe. He’s the Senior Product Manager for Adobe Photoshop and works on many of the projects that Adobe builds for photographers. What many don’t know is that Bryan has an extensive career in photography as well and that he’s written a handful of books and authored courses to share his love of photography and photo restoration.
This week show answers a ton of questions about how Photoshop gets made. You’ll learn how Adobe creates dramatic advances that benefit photographers worldwide.
[soundcloud url=”http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/102501701″ params=”color=ff9d5b&auto_play=false&show_artwork=true” width=” 100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Rich and Bryan discuss:
- How features in Photoshop are designed and built
- What are the most useful ways to make a selection in Photoshop
- The new mantra save time and get better results
- Why there are so many “magic” tools
- How new users can better learn photoshop?
- Breathing new life into old commands and making the application better
- Why and when do features get cut
- Tips for editing black and white photos with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Working with bracketed photos and 32-bit images in Adobe Camera Raw
- How many content aware tools are there?
- Content aware tips and tricks
- How do remove lens flares using content aware fills
- What is the adaptation setting in the content aware commands
- How do Creative Cloud updates affect subscribers
- How Photoshop and Lightroom are complimentary
- What are some of the best features that people seem to miss
- How to selectively sharpen your photos
- Using Camera Raw with TIFF and JPEG files
- How to remove lens distortion from all photos (even those from a phone)
NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE: The Photofocus Podcast Feed HAS CHANGED!
Disclaimer: This show presents several ideas and techniques that we hope help you. These are just some ways of approaching the issues at hand. Combine with your own skill for best results.
Hosted by Rich Harrington
Please post a review for the Podcast on iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/photofocus/id512223214
Rich has published over 100 courses on Lynda.com. Rich has authored several books including From Still to Motion, Understanding Photoshop, Professional Web Video, and Creating DSLR Video.
Latest posts by Richard Harrington (see all)
- First Look: New LUCiD Plug-ins for Photos for Mac - September 21, 2016
- Free Webinar: Why Safe Storage is Good Business for Photographers - September 17, 2016
- Sources for Stock Photos - September 15, 2016