In this episode, Skip Cohen and Chamira Young chat with Pro Photo Daily Editor and Motion Arts Pro David Schonauer about getting your photographs published!
We discuss in detail:
- The art of getting your work published
- The criteria he used to pick certain images as an editor
- The value of authentic networking and relationship building
- Building relationships with a magazines for the long term
- Entering competitions to get your work seen
- The importance of doing your homework and research beforehand
- The importance of portfolio reviews
- The value of face-to-face interactions when you want to get your work seen
- Being personable and pleasant in your communication skills
- Making the most of showing your work at conventions
- Tips for having an effective website Contact Page
- Picking your marketing strength and sticking with it
Join the American Photography OPEN Competition. Accepting submissions until August 24!
Enhance your revenue stream: sign up for Adobe Stock and submit your video content!
Have suggestions on future topics you want us to cover? Reach out!
- @SkipCohen on Twitter and Facebook
- [email protected]
- Chamira Young: [email protected]
Share This Podcast!
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes.