In this episode: Photographer, educator and author Rick Sammon shares how to plan a photo trip.
- How his Route 66 book is used as a planner and an onsite reference resource
- What apps are great to help plan for sun location, tides and viewing location
- Photographer Ephemeris
- Photo Sun Dial
- Photo Pill
- Tide apps
- Google Earth
- How to use Pristine vision as an exercise to get the unique shots
- Gathering ideas about the type of shots you want to get by looking at postcards and Google Images
- Rick walks us through a plan using the Oregon Coast as an example
We Like to Hear From You!
Here’s your chance to interact with the team by leaving a follow-up question in the comment section. We do our best to answer all questions in a timely manner.
You Can Be the Next Guest Host on Our Podcast
Do you have an idea for a topic or want to hear from your favorite photographer or influencer in our industry? Send an email to Vanelli at [email protected] with the subject line of INFOCUS INTERVIEW IDEA. Write a brief description of your topic or idea. If you are recommending someone, please include their name, contact information and state if you would like to be a guest host.
Currently he is teaching workshops, writing for Photofocus and creating tutorials for various plug-in companies and for the Vanelli and Friends series.
You can find out more about Vanelli at www.VanelliandFriends.com
Latest posts by Vanelli (see all)
- Blurry pictures: What causes them and how to get sharp photos - February 9, 2019
- Quick Tip: Create your own Actions, Presets & Luminar Looks - February 8, 2019
- Would you pay 3.5 million dollars for this photo? - February 4, 2019