This week we catch up with two photographers to get a wealth of advice. First Robert Vanelli talks with fashion photographer Lindsay Adler about her career and advice to other photographers. Then Rich Harrington since down with panoramic photographer Ron Pepper for a free-wheeling discussion about gear, tech, and workflow.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/222560844″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”175″ iframe=”true” /]
Lindsay Adler is a professional portrait and fashion photographer based in New York City. Her editorial work has appeared in numerous fashion and photography publications internationally including Noise, Bullett Magazine, Essence, Zink Magazine, Rangefinder and dozens more. A clean, bold and graphic style has become the hallmark of her work, making her in-demand for clients across the world.Her portrait and commercial work includes look books, accessory lines, hair campaigns, cosmetic campaigns, professional athletes, television series promos and more. She is always working on new ways to share her passions and knowledge with others, and each year she lectures tens of thousands of photographers world-wide. She attributes a lot of her success to her parents NEVER suggesting that she get a real job and encouraging her to pursue photography even in her pre-teens.
Ron Pepper is the primary of PanoramaNETWORK. We explore his work with panoramic photography and architectural photography. PanoramaNETWORK was founded in 2003 in Madrid, Spain. His photography consists of modern, 360 degree by 180 degree panoramic photography showing any location in a realistic immersive way, from ceiling to floor!.
Rich and Ron discuss:
- Lens talk about new primes from Tamron
- Shooting handheld in low light
- Using alignment in your HDR editing software
- How often does Ron use a tripod for his HDR photos?
- When to use HDR to extend your shooting opportunities?
- How many images do you need to take for HDR and how?
- Frustrations with Canon/Nikon
- Mirrorless pros/cons
- Tips on shooting from your hotel room
- What is a Lenskirt and LR Timelapse?
- Any gadgets/toys that Ron enjoys at the moment?
- Working with the Platypod Pro
- Where can you find Ron?