This week we catch up with professional photographer Tim Wallace to learn about lighting and the photo business. We then sit down with Brad Malcolm from Perfectly Clear to talk about lies that cameras tell (and what you can do about it).
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/234825380″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”175″ iframe=”true” /]
Photographer Tim Wallace is the driving force and creative thinking behind Ambient Life. An award winning photographer his work is often described as both conceptual and dramatic. Tim works internationally with many high end brands and clients such as Aston Martin, Land Rover Jaguar and Morgan in the UK to Kenwood and Audi in the US.
He is the humble recipient of many awards including International Advertising Photographer of the Year 2010, UK Motor Industry Photographer of the Year 2010, Hasselblad Photographer of the month Oct 2010, Professional Photographer of the Year 2009 as well as receiving Distinction Awards for his work from such professional boards as the RPS.
You can find Tim’s portfolio .
- What Tim teaches in his classes
- His philosophy about teaching
- What is lighting?
- Advice and thoughts on your business
- What is success?
- Youve got to value what you do
- Hope isn’t good enough, you have to have a plan
- Risk and revenue
- Knowing how to ask the right questions
- Where can you find out more about Tim
Brad Malcolm of Perfectly Clear
At Perfectly Clear, their higher purpose is to preserve precious memories perfectly. Their method is to use science to uncover, discover and recover all of the vital information contained in digital images and to display it without distortion.
Rich and Brad discuss:
- What does Perfectly Clear software do any why?
- Approaching the time saving aspect on Perfectly Clear
- Prints and the negative side of pushing colors
- How did perfectly clear perfect issues such as noise?
- Why is there a need for a desktop version?
- How does the mobile app work in comparison with the desktop/plug in version?
- How to work with the distortion of lenses?
- The power behind Athentech science?
- What other technical aspects of the software is helpful?
- Where to find Perfectly Clear?