- Scott talks about his trip to Photoshop World in Las Vegas with his mirrorless camera.
- Sigma has announced pricing and availability of the sd Quattro camera. The body only will be a competitive $799 (US). A unique feature of this camera is the ‘Super-Fine Detail’ mode that combines 7 exposures into one high dynamic range image.
- Samyang Optics have announced the global availability of the long-awaited autofocus lens: Samyang AF 50/1.4 FE. It is made for Sony E mount Mirrorless cameras with full frame sensor size. The lens will be globally available from August, and the suggested retail price is EUR 579 (approx. $600 US).
- There is another new 50mm f1.4 lens for Sony – this one is made by Zeiss. The Zeiss Planar T* FE 50mm F1.4 ZA lens. This full-frame fast prime features an 11-blade aperture for circular out-of-focus highlights a.k.a. Bokeh, even as you stop down. This lens will retail for $1.500 US.
- Fujifilm has released a fix for their last firmware fix that caused problems for some users after the lens firmware upgrade of the XF 90mm f2 and the XF 16-55mm f2.8 lenses. The fix for the fix can be downloaded here: http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n160712.html
- Fujifilm has also updated their lens roadmap, adding there new lenses that we should see in the future: XF 23mm f2 R WR, XF 50mm f2 R WR and XF 80mm f2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro.
- Fujifilm has also launched an updated Instax printer. The new Instax SP-2 is faster and has a better resolution for the credit card sized Instax mini prints. The Printer can be used with most smartphones or directly with Fuji X-cameras and will retail for about $200 US. Scott also shares his Instax mini experience from the past and Marco adds a few wishes for a future Instax printer.
- The Fuji X-Pro 2 will get an FW update later in the year. It should boost up AF speed to that of the unreleased, top of the line Fuji X-T2 camera. And it also fixes some parallax correction issues on the OVF.
- We cover the announcement and discuss the features of the Fujifilm X-T2. And we take a close look at how it compares to the X-Pro 2 and which camera is the better deal for the money.
- We have a Photofocus Mirrorless Flickr group that is open to our listeners and photos taken with all mirrorless camera brands. If you want to join just let us know through the “request invitation” button on the group and drop us a quick line there. We’ll add you to the group then. And please ask for the invite via the web browser and not via the Flickr App. The invite process via the app has not been working reliably.
- We have picked our monthly featured photographer and image from our Photofocus Mirrorless group. The image we picked this month was taken by Jim Harvey and is called Made in China
- Marco has reserved two free spots for our listeners for a sponsored street photography day and photo walk in Hannover, Germany on August 27. Contact him if you want one of these spots.
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes. We would also love to get your feedback. Is there anything that you want us to cover on the show in the future? And we would appreciate if you could take a short moment to rate or to post a quick review on iTunes for us.
About this show:
On the monthly #Mirrorless episode of the Photofocus podcast, Scott and Marco will discuss the news from the mirrorless camera world related to innovations, trends, gear and accessories. And they will introduce mirrorless camera manufacturers by interviewing the respective managers of those manufacturers. And they invite pro photographers who make their living working with mirrorless cameras to share some tips and tricks on their workflow.
Photo by Jim Harvey – Photo of the month pick from the Photofocus Mirrorless Flickr group.