This week’s podcast features three great folks from the photo industry. First up Rich Harrington catches up with one of the best image makers on the planet, Joe McNally. Melissa Niu then catches up with photographer and Adobe expert Terry White. You’ll then learn all about ViewBug, a great site for entering photo contests and winning prizes.
Here is the new podcast feed:
Joe McNally is an internationally acclaimed photographer whose career has spanned 30 years and included assignments in over 50 countries. He has shot cover stories for TIME, Newsweek, Fortune, New York, Entertainment Weekly, The New York Times Sunday Magazine, and Men’s Journal. He has been at various times in his career a contract photographer for Sports Illustrated, a staff photographer at LIFE, and currently, an ongoing 23 year contributor to the National Geographic, shooting numerous cover stories for those publications.
- Joe’s workflow and recent changes
- Why he’s back to experimenting with film
- Joe’s thoughts on how Film and digital can co-exist
- What he’s been up to with small flashes.
- What Joe’s teaching at Photoshop World
- What you can do with a flash
- What features do users overlook on a flash
- Why you should sometimes “think within the box”
- The challenges of traveling with gear
- When to use multiple lights (plus tech tips for multiple flashes)
- How to shape the light
- The impotence of gaining confidence to improvise with using different light set-ups
- Parting advice
Terry White Worldwide Design Evangelist for Adobe Systems, Inc. In his job, he leads the charge of getting customers excited and educated about Adobe Creative Cloud products and services. Terry is an Adobe Certified Expert. He has been active in the industry for over 25 years and is the founder and president of MacGroup-Detroit.
- What does Terry do?
- What is Terrys photography style
- Marketing talk and building a following
- How important is gear?
- Inspiration can come from anywhere
- What kind of lighting does Terry use and why
- Camera and lens advice
- How does Terry approach post-processing
- His best piece of advice
- Where to find Terry
Ori Guttin & ViewBug
From time to time we tell you about some of our great partners. Since we’re getting ready to launch our biggest photo contest ever, we decided to bring you up to speed on ViewBug. Learn all about this cool photo community and photo contest site.
- What is ViewBug?
- Type of contests View Bug runs
- What can you win?
- Rules of the contests
- Why everyone has a chance to win
- The benefits of joining ViewBug
- Why contests aren’t just about winning
- What are Oris favorite styles of photography?
- How to keep your rights to your own photos
Latest posts by Photofocus Team (see all)
- When the weather outside is frightful: Photography rain or shine - April 19, 2019
- Free webinar on Luminar Flex - April 18, 2019
- Lightroom Classic CC: How do I remove perspective issues? - April 16, 2019