In this episode, Skip Cohen and Chamira Young chat with photographer and marketing expert Sarah Petty.
We discuss in detail:
- Common marketing mistakes many photographers make
- tips on pricing
- the difficulty of being a “shoot and burn” photographers
- picking a business model early on
- the strategic things smart photographers do
- ways to build relationships with our clients
- the lack of correlation between taking great photos and making money (especially when you’re not business-minded)
- the drawback of trying to please everyone
- the power of saying “no”
- practical steps for planning your marketing for 2018
- systemizing your business
- how to create your marketing plan
- where to get the most “bang for your buck”
You can find Sarah at:
Enhance your revenue stream: sign up for Adobe Stock and submit your video content!
Have suggestions on future topics you want us to cover? Email us:
- @SkipCohen on Twitter
- Skip Cohen: [email protected]
- Chamira Young: [email protected]
Share This Podcast!
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes.
Latest posts by Chamira Young (see all)
- The Mind Your Own Business Podcast with Sarah Petty | Photofocus Podcast June 14, 2019 - June 14, 2019
- Mind Your Own Business Podcast with Peter Hurley | Photofocus Podcast May 10, 2019 - May 10, 2019
- Mind Your Own Business Podcast with Bobbi Lane | Photofocus Podcast April 12, 2019 - April 12, 2019