This week’s show features three interviews with three experts in the photo industry. Melissa Niu catches up with photographer and retoucher Glyn Dewis. Then Rich Harrington welcomes back Ron Pepper to talk about changes to HDRSoft’s Photomatix. Finally Kevin Stohlmeyer discusses strategies to learn new tools and techniques for post-processing and publishing.
Here is the new podcast feed:
Glyn Dewis is a Photographer and a Retoucher. He is also a Photoshop World Instructor based just outside of Oxford in the UK. He works internationally shooting promotional and commercial photos primarily focussed on Physique Athletes, Musicians, Bands and Up and Coming Actors.
Melissa and Glyn discuss:
- Glyn’s background
- Glyn’s path to teaching
- Glyn’s past life and how it works into his photography
- Where should you start with post-processing?
- Advice to starting to find your way into photography
- How Zack Aries changed the path of his photography?
- How does Glyn “label” himself?
- Marketing side of doing what you love and making money
- Where can you find Glyn’s work?
Follow Glyn on Twitter
Ron Pepper is the primary of Panorama Network. We explore his work with HDR, panoramic photography, and architectural photography. He also works as a consultant to HDRSoft and Photomatix. We get a detailed update of what’s new in the software and some hidden gems. Even if you don’t use HDR, you’ll get new ideas on how to tackle tough exposures.
Rich and Ron discuss:
- How is the new release of Photomatix being received?
- New features that really standout
- How to avoid the stereotypical HDR look
- What is contrast optimizer?
- What techniques are best suited to Architecture photography?
- Why can everyone benefit from an HDR approach?
- How to bust HDR ghosts
- Fake bracketing techniques from a single file
- Why you need a 64-bit operating system to get the most done on your computer.
- Using HDR with time-lapse photography
- How to preview your results in less time.
- How to post-process multiple for large jobs.
- Where to explore more with HDR?
- How Photomatix 4 customers can upgrade for free
Follow Ron on Twitter
Kevin Stohlmeyer is a designer who frequently helps teach photographers how to take advantage of digital publishing tools. He’s based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin but works with students around the world. He works with professionals and universities to help them embrace new digital publishing technologies. He is also a regular writer for Photoshop User and Adobe Inspire Magazines.
Rich and Kevin discuss:
- What is Kevin’s background?
- How being knowledgable in more then one aspect of design is normal nowadays.
- Why photographers need to also be designers
- What are some new things with Creative Cloud that stands out?
- Three quick tips to learn new tools
- What excites Kevin in the world of Photography with technological advance and opportunities
- Favorite resources to learn Creative Cloud
- Where to find Kevin and learn more
Follow Kevin on Twitter