NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE: The Photofocus Podcast Feed HAS CHANGED!
PLEASE BE PATIENT – OUR SERVERS SEE LARGE LOADS ON PUBLISHING DAYS. THE DOWNLOADS MAY GO SLOWLY BUT THEY WILL FINISH.
[soundcloud url=”http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/95466744″ params=”color=ff9d5b&auto_play=false&show_artwork=true” width=” 100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Join Rich and Scott as they discuss the recent decision by the Chicago Sun Times to lay off their entire photography staff. They made the decision to train their reporting staff to shoot with iPhones and to focus more on video. Rich and Scott analyze what this means to the photo community.
The second half of the show will inspire you as we hear from Dave Black. Dave is a freelance photographer for over 30 years. His work has primarily centered on the sports industry for such publications as Sports Illustrated, Time, Newsweek and the award-winning TV show Sports Century on ESPN. He’s covered events like the Masters, Kentucky Derby, National Football League, NASCAR and extensive work regarding the United States Olympic Committee, Olympic athletes and coverage of twelve Olympic Games.
Rich and Dave discuss:
- How Dave broke int sports photography
- What is it like working in the field and at sporting events
- How Dave prepares for a sports shoot by studying the sport and the athletes
- Practical advice for shooting indoor and outdoor sporting events
- How Dave got into the Olympics
- Advice about Light Painting
- Where to Find Dave Check out his blog: http://www.daveblackphotography.com
Hosted by Rich Harrington & Scott Bourne
Please post a review for the Podcast on iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/photofocus/id512223214
Rich has published over 100 courses on Lynda.com. Rich has authored several books including From Still to Motion, Understanding Photoshop, Professional Web Video, and Creating DSLR Video.
Latest posts by Richard Harrington (see all)
- Editing with Photoshop Face-Aware Liquify on a Microsoft Surface - August 17, 2016
- Creating a Timelapse Sequence with Lightroom - August 15, 2016
- Creating a Panoramic Photo - August 13, 2016