FreeBook

While we’ve been sitting high on the best-sellers list for Photography books, we’ve heard from several of you asking how to get our new Lightroom book.  Well, there’s two ways to get the book.

The book is free until August 1 thanks to Mosaic Archive.  Mosaic commissioned the team at Photofocus to create the best eBook on the planet about Lightroom.  We hope you enjoy it.

The new book is called “Develop Great Images in Lightroom.” In its 236 pages you’ll find practical advice and expert tips.  Learn from Nicole S. Young, Levi Sim, Rob Sylvan, Rich Harrington, and Gerard Murphy.

Method 1: You can get the book here... on iBooks.  You will need an iPad or iPad mini to view or a Mac running OS 10.9 or newer.

Method 2: For those of you without an iPad, you can read the book on Scribd or embedded here. This version doesn’t have interactive slideshows, resizable photos, or embedded video.

LensRentals.com Be a kid in a camera store. Rent lenses, cameras, lighting and more from the original and best online photographic and video equipment rental company.  Use PHOTOFOCUS15 in the checkout special instructions to receive 15% off your next rental.

Photoshop World, the ultimate Photoshop, Photography & Lighting Conference. Las Vegas, NV, September 3-5.  Use the promo code PSWFOCUS414 to discount $50 OFF a full conference pass. Learn more in three days than you have in three years!

Mosaic A complete solution for photographers using Lightroom who want to manage and share their photos. You can easily view images with their iOS app or web service. Plus your photos are backed up to the cloud with several plans to match your needs. Be sure to also check out the Lightroom Learning Center to learn new ways to work in Lightroom.

lynda.com Learn photography anytime, anywhere, and at your own pace—from bite-sized tutorials to comprehensive courses. Try lynda.com free for 10 days by visiting lynda.com/ Photofocus.

ViewBug  Stick With ViewBug & Photofocus throughout 2014 – because we’re announcing the biggest contest in Photofocus history — coming soon!

The HDR Learning Center Check out new ways to use High Dynamic Range photography to make compelling images. Free tutorials and posts to get results. Produced in partnership with HDRsoft.

1. Thanks for the link for us non-Mac people! :)

2. What a great resource. Appreciate the free offer–it’s downloading on my iPad now. There’s always something to be learned about Lightroom.

3. Unable to download as it is only available in iTunes US store and not available in other regions i.e. Asia Pacific.

4. […] folks at Photofocus made a new book about Adobe Lightroom 5 (published 24 Jun, 2014), and are giving it away for free […]

5. I’m in Qatar and unfortunatelly I can not download the book because is available just in US Apple store. :(

6. Let me be the first to say… the book is nice. But.

Adobe already makes me feel foolish for using my Windows platform for using it’s programs. It seems e-book publishers love rubbing my platform choice in my face as well.

No love on my laptop, desktop or Surface Pro 3.

At least I can read the book, which, regardless of how salty my comment is, I DO appreciate. It’s a well done book. No question. I’m just a negative nancy when I can’t get all my candy for free. ;-)

7. This is perfect for the person trying to understand digital photography. It really cleared up and linked things together. I feel more comfortable exploring LR now, not as resistant to try to use it. Thank you for offering this for free. I would have paid for it !

8. Any chance for Google Play Books to be an option? I hate juggling multiple ebook platforms and I’m not an iOS user. I basically had to download the Scribd app on my Android tablet JUST for this book. The other day, same scenario for another ebook. I’d like 1 unified system… hell, if you offered an option to download the epub file directly, we could choose our own platform but I understand that has implications with copyright and the temporary free period of this book.

• We’ll check it out, thanks for the tip. One of the problems with an epub file is that it loses all the great interaction Rich has created for this book that really makes it a rich reading experience. We’ll look into Google Play Books.

9. […] folks at Photofocus made a new book about Adobe Lightroom 5 (published 24 Jun, 2014), and are giving it away for free […]

10. Available only in US iBooks store :(((
    Are there any ways to download ePub version for iPad from other sources?

11. I was able to download it in iBooks Canada for free.

12. Thanks for this great resource! I found it very informative. However if this was truly a free ebook you’d have released a .pdf version with the before/after images shown in sequence in addition to, or instead of, the platform-locked ibook nonsense. At the very least, downloading of the gimped scribd version could have been allowed. It’s a great book, but it’s not a free ebook, and promoting it as such is disingenuous.

13. Great book so far, learning a lot, luckily the office lent me a Mac.

The iBooks lock-in is a problem tho, for 1 we all don’t have Macs or iPads, for 2 Scribd is a crappy alternative. Maybe try a PDF with DRM (http://www.adobe.com/manufacturing/resources/drm/) since tracking is important to you. PDF’s are more ubiquitous and reliable, and work on most platforms. As someone said earlier, I can’t view this on my Surface which would be awesome for learning on the go. The Scribd Surface app is just a useless web container for the website which means it has the same lame/poor UX from the website. This guy (http://robertrodriguezjr.com/insights-ebook/) utilized the iBooks + PDF combo, of course, I downloaded the PDF.

Also I had to switch to the US store to buy the Book, because my Jamaican account couldn’t access it.

• PDF copy protection is crap. I can crack it in less than 5 minutes. Sorry. Free content our choice of where to distribute. When the book goes on sale for dollars next month well open up more platforms.

• Cool, seems reasonable. Good book all the same, thanks for the free version. By the way, which version of Lr is targeted by the book?

• The book is written with Lightroom 5, but most things are the he same in Lightroom 4, except for some new tools. Many of huge processes will work all the way back to LR 2.

14. I wish it was on amazon, I’d rather pay than use it Scribdb

15. […] folks at Photofocus made a new book about Adobe Lightroom 5 (published 24 Jun, 2014), and are giving it away for free […]

16. Let’s be honest, you’re not “giving it away”. You’re letting me read it as long as it’s through iBooks or SCRIBD on which I can’t download it. Only read it online or via their app.

I appreciate it being made available but that’s what you’ve done.

Cheers
    Steve

• Steve… its a damn shame that this TV shows you watch for free can only be watched on a TV set and that music you stream with Spotify only works in their app. Our book, our hard work. Thanks for being so ungrateful… real motivator to keep giving away things.

17. Can I get a copy mail to me

18. […] it. Although there is no exact technique and best look to a specific shot, practice makes perfect. Learn and master your photo editor. Experiment. Although if your picture looks like a squished-up murky HDR, you’ve probably […]

19. […] it. Although there is no exact technique and best look to a specific shot, practice makes perfect. Learn and master your photo editor. Experiment. Although if your picture looks like a squished-up murky HDR, you’ve probably […]

20. How can I delete images from Mosaic that I have already deleted from Lightroom? Or that I now want to delete from Mosaic? Short of removing and replacing everything?

Adobe, Inspiration, Photography, Software, Technique & Tutorials