You probably know that all cameras have some sort of distortion with their lenses. Adobe has tried to fix this with their Lens Correction filter which is available both in the Camera Raw plugin an ad a standalone effect (Filter > Lens Correction). They’ve profiled tons of cameras (and even smartphones). With the latest update to Adobe Camera Raw the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 ate officially supported.
Here’s how to pull off the fix.
- Launch Adobe Bridge and navigate to the photo you want to fix.
- Right-click on the image and choose Open in Camera Raw….
- Make any adjustments in the Basic image tab to correct exposure and color.
- Click the Lens Corrections tab.
- Check the box next to Enable Lens Profile Corrections.
- If not automatically detected, choose the Make of your camera and Model from the pop-up menus.
- Click Open Image or Open Object to bring the file into Photoshop for any further processing.
This Post Sponsored by:
Viewbug – Fun Photo Contests
ShootProof – Use code BOURNE20 to save 20% off the first year of any level plan – even monthly
Image Wizards – Save 20% Off Your 1ST Order – Promo Code: SB20PF