In this renewed, reinvigorated episode of The Mind Your Own Business Podcast, Scott Bourne and Skip Cohen discuss outsourcing, taxes, insurance, book keeping, and helping your business run better.
Specific topics of discussion include the following:
- The photographers that take care of taxes, insurance, and book keeping are the ones that are successful.
- The importance of insuring your gear.
- The different types of business insurance.
- Tools to help you run your business better, such as 17hats and Sproutstudio.
- Project management tools to keep track of your team, such as Slack and Basecamp.
- The importance of answering your phone and returning messages.
- Giving people as much information as you can on your website.
- Cleaninng up your skillset so that you don’t have to spend long periods of time cleaning up your images.
- Outsourcing your image editing where appropriate.
Scott’s Insurance Agent’s Information:
Email Us or Leave a Comment Below:
- What tasks/roles do you outsource for your photography business?
- What vendors have you used that you like?
- Is there an area we didn’t cover on the podcast that you need help?
Interested in Mentoring?
Interested in getting mentored by Scott and/or Skip? Email Scott at [email protected] to get more information.
Share This Podcast!
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes. We’d also love to get your feedback. Is there anything that you want us to cover on the show in the future? Email Scott at [email protected]
Latest posts by Chamira Young (see all)
- The Mind Your Own Business Podcast with Sarah Petty | Photofocus Podcast June 14, 2019 - June 14, 2019
- Mind Your Own Business Podcast with Peter Hurley | Photofocus Podcast May 10, 2019 - May 10, 2019
- Mind Your Own Business Podcast with Bobbi Lane | Photofocus Podcast April 12, 2019 - April 12, 2019