This week we catch up with two photo experts. First up is Robert Hall who is a talented fine art and landscape photographer. Then we check in with Photoshop guru Corey Barker.
Robert Hall is a Utah native who’s been shooting photography for more than forty years. His work has won awards in competitions throughout the country and has been shown in museums and galleries in the United States and the Far East. Robert is well known for his darkroom techniques and collaborates with professional photographers throughout the US and Europe to help them realize their vision using advanced photographic methods.
- Who is Robert Hall?
- What does Robert use for his work?
- If you are a master with your process and materials its not relevant on how you create that image
- Still images have life
- What is one of the most difficult aspects of photography?
- What four aspects does he consider when he builds a print?
- Why he has multiple portfolios?
- How he plans what he is going to take a picture of?
- A secret for photographers shooting a location
- How do you break into fine art photography?
- You need peer reviews of your work
- Always ready, always prepared, always polite
- What does Robert teach and where?
- Where can you find Robert Hall?
Corey is an education and curriculum developer for KelbyOne. He is a graduate of the Ringling School of Art & Design in Sarasota, FL, with a degree in Illustration. Over the years, Corey has worked as a graphic artist in a variety of disciplines such as illustration, commercial design, large format printing, motion graphics, web design and photography. His expertise in Photoshop and Illustrator have earned him numerous awards in illustration, graphic design and photography. Using Photoshop since version 2, his expertise and creativity have evolved exponentially with every new version, which makes Corey an invaluable addition to the KelbyOne team.
- What does Corey do at KelbyOne?
- How long have some features been around in Photoshop?
- Why should a photographer learn more about design?
- Advice on getting a job in the industry?
- What he has a passion about and helps him charge his creativity?
- Learning how to see
- Forcing your mind to think
- What is a 30 minute composite challenge?
- Learn to take criticism
Latest posts by Photofocus Team (see all)
- The Enthusiast’s Guide to Composition: Consider the rule of thirds - May 17, 2019
- Get started with animal photography in the wild - May 17, 2019
- Question of the Week: How do you mount your camera to your tripod? - May 11, 2019