Lightroom Mobile was just released today for Android phones. We’re working up our review shortly, but here’s some info for those of you who’ve been anxiously waiting. The release is specifically for Android phones (and won’t work with all Android phones). You’ll need Android 4.1 or up.
Here’s what you can expect to get.
- Access images in your Lightroom catalog
- Make selects, reject unworthy photos
- Apply a preset
- Fine tunes images using the Basic panel
- Import photos directly from the Gallery
Lightroom Mobile for Android has similar requirements to the iOS version. You need to work with Smart Previews in order to sync.
- Based on the DNG file format
- Limited to 2560 pixels on the long edge
- Smaller versions original raw files
- Can be used to make adjustments even when the original files aren’t available locally
- Adjustments made to Smart Previews are applied to the original when the original files are available
- Processor : Quad Core CPU with 1.7 GHZ ARMv7 architecture
- RAM : 1 GB
- Internal Storage: 8 GB
- Android Jellybean, KitKat, or Lollipop
Only for Creative Cloud Customers
Lightroom mobile requires Lightroom Desktop and Creative Cloud or Photoshop Photography Plan subscription.
- Creative Cloud Photography plan
- Creative Cloud complete plan
- Creative Cloud Student and Teacher Edition
- Creative Cloud for teams complete plan
Visit the Google Play store and download Lightroom mobile. Once you login with the same Creative Cloud account, you’ll see all of your synced Collections.
We’ll have a detailed review shortly.