Contracting for Creative Pros with Seth Polansky
This course is free until 7/1/17
In this course—specifically designed for creatives—professor, contract attorney, indie film producer, and musician Seth Polansky explains how to protect yourself when presented with an industry contract. Media and entertainment companies spend billions of dollars every year on creative talent. Get an overview of the types of contracts that you can expect to see, the situations in which a particular type is used, and the specific red flags inherent in each. Seth discusses NDA, work-for-hire and contractor agreements, and proposals, quotes, and SOWs.
- Why do you need a contract?
- Types of contracts
- Asking for an NDA
- Work-for-hire and contractor agreements
- Proposals, quotes, and statements of work
- Licensing agreements
- Delivery and payment terms
Why are we doing this?
After years of publishing training on other websites, we’re proud to be able to bring these courses to you directly.
These are full-length classes, absolutely free. We want you to get a real taste of what we’re working on. All you need to do is sign up with a valid email address in order to access the catalog. We’ll message you from time to time about new classes as well as when the library launches. We may send you some free photo goodies too like eBooks and presets.
Latest posts by Photofocus Team (see all)
- The View Camera Aesthetic in the Digital Realmpart 2 - June 22, 2017
- Get Started in Sports Photography for Free - June 21, 2017
- The View Camera Aesthetic in the Digital Realm part 1 - June 20, 2017