Welcome to our HDR Learning Center, produced in partnership with HDRsoft (makers of Photomatix).
- To get started, check out our HDR Primer
- To download a free trial of Photomatix
- A list of Auto Exposure Bracketing settings by camera model
- Get inspired by great HDR photographers
Our Google+ HDR Hangout
Recent Posts About HDR
- When to Use Exposure Fusion for HDR
- Reducing Chromatic Aberration in HDR Photos
- Blending HDR Images in Photoshop for Smoother Landscapes
- Working with Single Files in Photomatix Pro
- Add Finishing Touches to HDR Photos
- A Black-and-White Workflow with HDR
- Working with Single Raw Images and Photomatix Pro
- Handheld HDR — Is it Possible?
- Is HDR a Fad?
- Processing HDR using Lightroom and Photoshop
- Drew Geraci & Hot Gear Segment | Photofocus Podcast 4/5/14
- When To Use Tone Mapping
- Shooting Excuses
- Tamara Lackey, Ron Pepper & Jerry Ghionis | Photofocus Podcast 3/25/14
- Chuck Robinson | HDR Photographer
- Working with Presets for Fast Results with HDR
- Using Lightroom and Photoshop for HDR
- Girolamo Cracchiolo – Landscape & HDR Photographer
- How to Post Process Real-Estate Shots for Impact
- Aligning Handheld HDR Photos
- Miami Sunrise HDR Post Processing
- Finishing Techniques: Look Closely for Color Casts
- Washington, DC at Night (Time-lapse + HDR Toning)
- Glyn Dewis, Ron Pepper, Kevin Stohlmeyer | Photofocus Podcast 1/5/14
- Increasing the Dynamic Range of a Single Raw File
What is Photomatix?
Photomatix Pro and Photomatix Essentials are stand-alone programs running on Windows and Mac OS X.
- One license for Photomatix Essentials is US$39.
- One license for Photomatix Pro is US$99.
Photomatix Essentials focuses on simplicity and ease of use. Photomatix Pro offers more options and includes advanced features such as batch processing and selective deghosting.
Some of the features of Photomatix are also available as an Edit Plug-in for Aperture. A free Lightroom Plug-in makes it possible to access Photomatix Pro directly from Lightroom, if desired. To download a trial click here.