Here is the new feed: feed://feeds.feedburner.com/photofocuspodcast
Rich Harrington has a special guest this week. Robert OToole joins us to discuss his migration from commercial photographer to world-renowned nature photographer. Robert was the co-leader for our Alaska trip this year and a fantastic photographer and instructor.
Robert O’Toole is an award-winning professional photographer. He was named American Bald Eagle Foundation “Photographer of the Year” in 2008. His vertical banking Bald Eagle image was awarded highly commended in the 2006 BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition.
Rich and Robert discuss:
- His move into nature photography
- How to practice wildlife photography in your own neighborhood
- Strategies for photographing nature
- What makes a great image
- Where to position the sun when shooting outdoors for the best light
- The best times of day to shoot outdoors
- Why Robert loves snow and eagles
- The role of postprocessing and nature photography
- The best camera settings for outdoor shooting to preserve highlights and exposure
- Why he shoots manual 90% of the time
- His favorite plugins for nature and landscape work
- How to use your back focus button
- How tracking sensitivity impacts your shots
- Where you can travel with Robert for workshops
Disclaimer: This show presents several ideas and techniques that we hope help you. These are just some ways of approaching the issues at hand. Combine with your own skill for best results.
Download — http://photofocuspodcast.libsyn.com/webpage
Hosted by Rich Harrington
This Post Sponsored by:
Mosaic A complete solution for photographers using Lightroom who want to manage and share their photos. You can easily view images with their iOS app or web service. Plus your photos are backed up to the cloud with several plans to match your needs.
500px Join the world’s premier photo community. 500px lets you discover, share, buy and sell inspiring photographs.
Drobo Not only is Drobo 5D fast, but it’s easy-to-use, expandable, flexible, and protected.
The Topaz Labs Image Enhancement bundle. Open up a world of creative possibilities with a seamless, integrated workflow. You don’t need to be a Photoshop wizard to look like one. Click here and use the code photofocus to get a 15% discount.