I’m always looking for new ways to enhance my images. I’m especially interested in what happens when I combine my workflows to create new combinations.
For this image, I really wanted to bring out the contrast. At the same time, I also wanted to take control over color and tone. The solution? HDR and Camera Raw working together. Here’s the workflow.
[vimeo https://vimeo.com/77470142 w=A]
- Merge the images in Photomatix Pro.
- Invoke the Contrast Optimizer method for a more subtle HDR approach. This is part of the new version 5 beta (get the free trial).
- Finish the image using the Finishing Touch options.
- Save a 16-bit TIFF image and choose Open saved image with Photoshop CC choice.
- Convert the layer to a smart object.
- Run Camera Raw as a filter. Take advantage of options like clarity, toning, sharpening, and post crop vignette.
Disclaimer: This is just one way to enhance contrast.