This week’s podcast interviews photographer Dave Black about his sports and light painting work. Then, get an overview of what’s going on with Lightroom from product manager Sharad Mangalick.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/173832712″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”175″ iframe=”true” /]
We welcome back Dave Black to the show for an interview with Vanelli. Dave is a freelance photographer for over 30 years. His work has primarily centered on the sports industry for such publications as Sports Illustrated, Time, Newsweek and the award-winning TV show Sports Century on ESPN. He’s covered events like the Masters, Kentucky Derby, National Football League, NASCAR and extensive work regarding the United States Olympic Committee, Olympic athletes and coverage of twelve Olympic Games.
Vanelli and Dave discuss:
- What are some of Dave’s latest work?
- How his latest project came about
- The challenges of working with fog machines
- Becoming a Nikon Ambassador
- The great thing about learning lighting
- What inspires Dave?
- Why its important to dream?
- Research, research, research
Melissa Niu catches up with Sharad Mangalick, product manager for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Camera Raw. Find out about Lightroom Mobile and other things in the works.
Melissa and Sharad discuss:
- What does Sharad do with Lightroom?
- Excitement around Lightroom Mobile
- Whats in the works with LR Mobile
- The process behind LR Mobile
- Sharad’s start with photography
- What kind of photographer is Sharad?
- What is exciting about where Lightroom is right now?
- What is his favorite thing about Lightroom
- Great tools in Lightroom
- Using presets
- Where can you find Sharad?