Welcome to Beyond Technique, a podcast empowering photographers to bring their businesses to the next level!
In this episode, Skip Cohen and Chamira Young dive deep into a discussion with photographers
Leah Nash and Christopher Onstott. They are a fun-loving photography duo, both former photojournalists turned lifestyle photographers.
We discuss in detail:
- What made them transition from photojournalism into editorial/advertising, portraiture
- The art of finding clients
- Putting clients at ease in hectic work situations
- Controlling the “vibe” during a photo session, and making clients’ lives easier
- Getting good images in the absence of ideal lighting situations
- The role storytelling plays with photography
- Relationship building
- Special projects – what they shoot when they’re not working
- how they use PhotoShelter to directly serve their clients
- the importance of backing up images
You can find Leah and Christopher at:
Start your 14 Day FREE trial of PhotoShelter, plus 20% off a Standard or Pro Account for a year. Use the coupon code PHOTOFOCUS20
PhotoShelter gives people and organizations easy ways to manage their photos – from delivering, storing, selling, sharing – all from one place. Their platform offers simple and smart ways to share, store, deliver and sell your highest quality work. They handle the biggest files and solve some of the biggest business challenges for professional photographers.
Get social! Follow PhotoShelter online:
- PhotoShelter Blog
- PhotoShelter on Twitter
- PhotoShelter on Facebook
- PhotoShelter on Instagram Stories
Have suggestions on future topics you want us to cover? Email us:
Share This Podcast!
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes.
Latest posts by Chamira Young (see all)
- The Mind Your Own Business Podcast with Sarah Petty | Photofocus Podcast June 14, 2019 - June 14, 2019
- Mind Your Own Business Podcast with Peter Hurley | Photofocus Podcast May 10, 2019 - May 10, 2019
- Mind Your Own Business Podcast with Bobbi Lane | Photofocus Podcast April 12, 2019 - April 12, 2019