Thanks for all the great questions you’ve been sending in to the Photofocus podcast. This week is a two part show. First up, Rich Harrington catches up with photographer and educator Abba Shapiro to tackle some great topics to help photographers.
Then Levi Sim catch up with Ray Roman & Matt Thompson to talk about shooting weddings and making the transition from photo to video. Remember, you can post questions for future shows via Twitter with the #pfqa or send us a note here at Photofocus.
The music in our podcast comes from the cool folks over at SongFreedom, be sure to check them out!
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/189747224″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”175″ iframe=”true” /]
Rich Harrington & Abba Shapiro
- Welcome to the Show
- Enter our New Camera Contest
- Thanks to Drobo
- What is Abbas background?
- What does he love to shoot?
- Suggestions on using underwater gear
- Advice for working with models.
- Strategies for networking and finding models.
- Check out new photo classes on lynda.com
- Abba’s Favorite Plug-ins
- What are the drawbacks and benefits of using auto modes such as auto ISO?
- Add the perfect soundtrack with SongFreedom
- Can you recover photos from a cardthatwas deleted?
- Advice for protecting cards
- Should I Have a Digital or Print Portfolio?
Levi Sim with Ray Roman & Matt Thompson
- Who is Matt Thompson?
- Who is Ray Roman and what does he do?
- What is Rays background?
- How did Ray get started in wedding videos?
- How another photographer saved his business?
- Ray discusses his motivation to be the best.
- How Ray juggled career and doing weddings?
- Being driven and challenging yourself
- How is Ray increasing his skills?
- Learn to Analyze everything you see
- Learn to have a strong foundation
- Photographers are half way to shooting video
- What gear Ray uses and why?
- What sets Ray apart?
- Branding talk and how it can elevate your business.
- What does Ray teaches at his workshops?
- Networking and getting to know others in your industry.
- Where can we find out more about Rays workshops?
- Where can we catch up with Matt?