- Marco starts off with an announcement regarding the PopUp Gulf Photo Plus in Berlin on October 29th and 30th. He was asked to interview David Hobby and Zack Arias for the Photofocus podcast during the event. And we want to turn the questions that Marco is going to ask them to our audience. Do you have a photography related question that you would like to ask David or Zack? If so, just write it in the comments section below or contact Scott or Marco directly via the links provided at the end of the show notes. And please add to whom you would like the question to be addressed to.
- Get to know an inspirational photographer: This month Valerie introduces you to the American photographer and painter Saul Leiter (1923 – 2013). Saul is best known for his color photos of New York in the 40s and 50s of the last century. He along with Robert Frank and Diane Arbus influenced the 40’s and 50’s with his photography that was later coined as New York School of Photographers. Check out his work and be inspired by his images.
- What is the definition of street photography?
- How and why did Valerie and Marco get started with street photography?
- Why should someone start with street photography?
- Is street photography important for society?
- Can someone make a living with street photography?
- How to get started and what should one look out for in the beginning?
- Submit your best street photos to the Photofocus Flickr group for your chance to be picked as street photographer of the week by Marco: https://www.flickr.com/groups/[email protected]/ And here you can see some of his picks from the previous month: https://photofocus.com/author/hamburgcam/
- Marco’s photo book of the month pick is: Street Photography – First Steps and Beyond by Valerie Jardin ($10 ebook). To go along with the main topic of this episode I pick this book by Valerie because it is a great street photography hands on guide for beginner and intermediate street photographers. And it is a good source of inspiration for those who want to get guidance to try out different styles of street photography. Here is the link to the ebook: https://gumroad.com/l/jGVpl
You can see more of Valerie’s Work and find all the links to her social media accounts and workshop schedule on her website: http://www.valeriejardinphotography.com/
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes. We would also love to get your feedback. Is there anything that you want us to cover on the show in the future? And we would appreciate if you could take a short moment to rate or to post a quick review on iTunes for us.
About this show:
On the monthly #Inspiration episode of the Photofocus podcast, Scott and Marco will discuss the art, history and motivation in photography that often gets lost in today’s media rich world. Slow down, look closer and put more intent into photography to increase your creativity and final results. And simply spread the pure love of photography.
Marco's approach to photography is "reduce to the basics and focus on the story and the subject." Growing up with the limitations that film photography has taught him, he still enjoys the basic approach to photography today. For Marco the camera is a tool and a mere extension of his instincts.
Marco is the producer and co-host of the Photofocus #Inspiration and #Mirrorless podcasts episodes.
Latest posts by Marco Larousse (see all)
- Photographer of the day: Scott Johnston - March 31, 2017
- Photofocus Podcast — Mirrorless with Scott Bourne & Marco Larousse - March 31, 2017
- Photographer of the day: Pierre Pichot - March 23, 2017