- We talk a bit about listener feedback that we have received on last months “mirrorless manufacturer repair service quality” topic. And we have found at least one official mirrorless pro service claim in one country.
- Hasselblad has just announced the first compact mirrorless medium format camera. It is called the Hasselblad X1D and has a 50 MPix CMOS sensor (44mm x 33mm) that works at a native ISO range from ISO 100- 25600. We discuss the cameras features, lens options and price. And we give our initial thoughts on the announcement of this camera.
- Panasonic has announced a new Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 12mm f1.4 lens. The lens offers the classic 24mm field of view for m4/3 cameras. Scott has ordered this lens along with a new Panasonic GX8 and he’ll talk about his experiences in a future Photofocus mirrorless show.
- We share some news regarding Olympus and Panasonic. There are potential supply shortages and product delays caused by the negative effects of the Kumamoto earthquake on April 14th, 2016.
- Fujifilm has released a bunch of new firmware updates for many of their X-cameras and lenses. These updates mainly fix bugs regarding manual focus errors and some improvements on OIS image stabilisation issues.
- Adobe has released an update to Lightroom 6.6 / CC 2015.6 that improves overall performance and added new cameras and lens profiles for these mirrorless cameras: Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II, Leica M-D (Typ 262), Nikon COOLPIX B700, Panasonic DMC-GX85 (DMC-GX80, DMC-GX7MK2). The CC version also received new features.
- Scott answers two listener question regarding the quality difference and usage situations of the mechanical- vs. the electronic shutter. And if the Lumix GX8 in-body image stabilisation needs to be turned off when used on a tripod?
- Marco answers a listener question regarding the choice of a wide angle lens for street photography and environmental street portraits. The listener asked specifically about the Fujinon XF 14mm f2.8 vs. the Fujinon XF 16mm f1.4 lens.
- We now have a Photofocus Mirrorless Flickr group that is open to our listeners and photos taken with all mirrorless camera brands. If you want to join just let us know through the “request invitation” button on the group and drop us a quick line there. We’ll add you to the group then. And please ask for the invite via web browser and not via the Flickr App. The invite process via the app has not been working reliably.
- We have picked our monthly featured photographer and image from our Photofocus Mirrorless group. The image we picked this month was taken by Patrick Gorden and is called Lets rock!
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes. We would also love to get your feedback. Is there anything that you want us to cover on the show in the future? And we would appreciate if you could take a short moment to rate or to post a quick review on iTunes for us.
About this show:
On the monthly #Mirrorless episode of the Photofocus podcast, Scott and Marco will discuss the news from the mirrorless camera world related to innovations, trends, gear and accessories. And they will introduce mirrorless camera manufacturers by interviewing the respective managers of those manufacturers. And they invite pro photographers who make their living working with mirrorless cameras to share some tips and tricks on their workflow.
Photo by Patrick Gorden – Photo of the month pick from the Photofocus Mirrorless Flickr group.
Marco's approach to photography is "reduce to the basics and focus on the story and the subject." Growing up with the limitations that film photography has taught him, he still enjoys the basic approach to photography today. For Marco the camera is a tool and a mere extension of his instincts.
Marco is the producer and co-host of the Photofocus #Inspiration and #Mirrorless podcasts episodes.
Contact Marco on twitter @HamburgCam
Latest posts by Marco Larousse (see all)
- Photographer of the day: Ivan Rigamonti - March 17, 2017
- Photofocus Podcast March 14, 2017 — Inspiration with Scott Bourne & Marco Larousse - March 17, 2017
- Photographer of the day: Ivan Rigamonti - March 10, 2017