Welcome to Beyond Technique, the podcast that empowers photographers to bring their businesses to the next level, brought to you by Platypod, Photofocus and Skip Cohen University. Today we chat with commercial advertising photographer Aaron Van! He is a food, beverage, liquid and product specialist, and shares wonderful tips for those who want to break into the industry and hone their skills.
Check out Platypod.com, the world’s most compact tripod for photographers!
- Aaron’s journey into food photography
- The role of relationship building in his business
- What makes an image “crave-able”
- The difference between a food photographer vs someone who takes pictures of food
- His Kelby One class and how it can benefit food photographers
- How Platypod plays a role in his photography
- Advice for photographers just starting out
Images copyright Aaron Van Creative
You can find Aaron at:
Be sure to let us know if you have any thoughts or questions in the comments section. We do our best to answer all questions in a timely manner.
Have suggestions on future topics you want us to cover? Email us:
You can be the next guest on our podcast
Do you have an idea for a topic or want to hear from your favorite photographer or influencer in our industry? Send an email to [email protected] or [email protected], with the subject line BEYOND TECHNIQUE IDEA. Then write a brief description of your topic or idea. If you are recommending someone, please include their name, contact information and state if you would like to be a guest host.
Share this podcast!
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes.