Our friends over at Panos FX have released a great free action for adding snow to a photo using Photoshop. Their action creates animated snow… but you can also just use it for static snow as well. You can change the size of the snowflakes and control the amount of falling snow.
These free actions create 3 different types of seamlessly loopable video clips:
- The “Snowfall” actions will make beautiful snow fall on your photo!
- The “Christmas Card – Snowglobe” action creates a complex animation: your photo appears inside a beautiful snow globe. Snow falls calmly inside while 3 big snowflakes revolve around the globe.
- The “Christmas Card – Plain” action creates a simpler version of the previous animation.
The actions require Photoshop CC, or the Standard / Extended version of Ps CS6, CS5 or CS4.
Rich has published over 100 courses on Lynda.com. Rich has authored several books including From Still to Motion, Understanding Photoshop, Professional Web Video, and Creating DSLR Video.
Latest posts by Rich Harrington (see all)
- Virtual Tours: Fixing and cleaning stitching errors - May 20, 2019
- Virtual Tours: Merging a 360˚ HDR image with Photomatix Pro - May 16, 2019
- Virtual Tours: Merging an HDR image with Aurora HDR - May 12, 2019