This week’s podcast interviews photographers Frank Doorhof about his portrait work. Then, we catch up with Joel Grimes for an inspiring talk for all photographers.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/175621212″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”175″ iframe=”true” /]
The Amsterdam-born Frank Doorhof is a noted international fashion and glamour photographer, as well as an expert on calibration. He is an active commercial photographer, with a particular interest in musical artists and high fashion, who also takes time for personal projects. His teaching style is based on his philosophy: Why fake it, when you can create it?
Photofocus catches up with international fashion photographer Frank Doorhof about his work and methods (which apply to all photographers).Vanelli and Frank discuss:
- Where is Frank from?
- What kind of photographer is Frank?
- What got Frank into photographing models?
- Having a husband and wife team
- Its more then a scarf
- His love for teaching
- Workshop talk, why is Franks workshops unique?
- Light is the language, literally.
- Being you as a photographer
Next up, Melissa Niu sets down with Joel Grimes. Joel is a commercial advertising photographer with a distinct style. His unique approach has earned him work from top advertising agencies and art buyers.
Melissa and Joel discuss:
- The creative outlet
- How long has Joel been with photography
- How to think past certain barriers
- The Human condition
- Getting past hurt
- Learning past rejection
- Going down the path that fits you the best
- Why being a photographer is so cool
- Why technical proficient photos can be boring
- Where to find Joel?