This week’s podcast interviews photographer Matt Kloskowski from Kelby One. Rich and Melissa also check in with Chase Reynolds about two hot pieces of gear and prime lenses.
Hot Gear Segment
Rich Harrington and Melissa Niu catch up with LensRentals.com to talk about some of the hottest new pieces of gear to hit the shelfs. Once a month we’ll explore some of the most popular pieces of gear. Be sure to leave questions for future shows in the comments.
- How is lensrentals doing right now?
- Lomography x Zenit Petzva lens
- Why rent this lens?
- Shooting same locations over and over again?
- Canon 16-35 f/4 lens
- Why be excited about this lens?
- What does L-series mean?
- Why primes?
- What are some go to primes?
- Where to start with Primes?
- Homework assignment
- Manual lens tips
- What is lensrental.com all about?
- Special promo code for Photofocus readers
- Parting Advice
Matt Kloskowski is a full-time Education Director for Kelby Media Group and a Tampa-based photographer. He’s the Editor of Lightroom Magazine and teaches Photoshop and Lightroom seminars around the world.
- What he does for Kelby one?
- How teaching and learning photography is better these days?
- The best compliment he gets and keeps his passion going
- What kind of photographer is Matt?
- Where he would love to go shoot
- Does he like going back to shoot the same places? Is it ok to that?
- Talking Moab, UT
- Gear talk
- Camera, lens, filters, tripods
- Where to find Matt?
This Post Sponsored by:
LensRentals.com Be a kid in a camera store. Rent lenses, cameras, lighting and more from the original and best online photographic and video equipment rental company. Use PHOTOFOCUS10 in the checkout special instructions to receive 10% off your next rental.
Photoshop World, the ultimate Photoshop, Photography & Lighting Conference. Las Vegas, NV, September 3-5. Use the promo code PSWFOCUS414 to discount $50 OFF a full conference pass. Learn more in three days than you have in three years!
Mosaic A complete solution for photographers using Lightroom who want to access, manage and share their photos on the go. You can easily view images with their iOS app or in your personal Google Drive account, and you can even star/flag images in the app and sync the changes back to Lightroom on your computer. Be sure to also check out the Lightroom Learning Center to learn new ways to work in Lightroom.
ViewBug Stick With ViewBug & Photofocus throughout 2014 – because we’re announcing the biggest contest in Photofocus history — coming soon!