I recently published an article showing some of my top 20 Photoshop keyboard shortcuts. In this post I would like to complement it by sharing my favorite Lightroom shortcuts! One of the best things about Lightroom is the ability to zip around quickly to organize and process photographs, and using keyboard keyboard shortcuts makes even easier to simplify your workflow.
So, without further ado, and in no particular order, here are my top 20 Lightroom keyboard shortcuts:
- D = Develop Module
- E = Library Module (single image view)
- G = Library Module (grid view)
- R = Crop tool
- O = Cycles through crop overlays (while in the Crop tool)
- B = Add image to targeted collection (default is “Quick Collection”)
- Tab key = Hide left and right panels
- N = Survey Mode
- Press Opt (PC: Alt) key when moving sliders = Allows you to view clipping and masking for some of the tone adjustment sliders (Click here to read more about this over on the Mosaic blog)
- SHIFT + F = Cycles through view modes
- F = View image full-screen (eliminates distractions, great for quick presentations of images)
- Cmd (PC: Ctrl) + E = Edits in Photoshop
- P = Flags photo (P is for “pick”!)
- X = Rejects photo
- Numbers 1 through 5 = Adds star rating to a photo (1 through 5, respectively)
- V = Quick convert to B&W (great to see if it would look good as a B&W, just toggle the V key)
- T = Toggles Toolbar on and off
- \ = Toggles Library filtering
- Cmd (PC: Ctrl) + D = Deselects photos
- Opt (PC: Alt) + Click on drop-down arrow in side panel = Toggles “solo mode” for panels
Like Lightroom? Don’t miss our next Google+ Hangout on March 19.
Nicole S. Young is a professional photographer living in Portland, Oregon. She is the author of several print books and eBooks, and runs her own online store for photographers, the “Nicolesy Store“.
This Post Sponsored by:
Photoshop World, the ultimate Photoshop, Photography & Lighting Conference. Atlanta GA, April 8-10. Use the promo code PSWFOCUS414 to discount $50 OFF a full conference pass. Learn more in three days than you have in three years!
ViewBug Stick With ViewBug & Photofocus throughout 2014 – because we’re announcing the biggest contest in Photofocus history — coming soon!
Mosaic A complete solution for photographers using Lightroom who want to manage and share their photos. You can easily view images with their iOS app or web service. Plus your photos are backed up to the cloud with several plans to match your needs. Be sure to also check out the Lightroom Learning Center to learn new ways to work in Lightroom.
The Topaz Labs Image Enhancement bundle. Open up a world of creative possibilities with a seamless, integrated workflow. You don’t need to be a Photoshop wizard to look like one. Click here and use the code photofocus to get a 15% discount.