- Get to know an inspirational photographer. This month we introduce you to the meaningful work of the American documentary photographer: Mary Ellen Mark: (1940-2015)
- What motivates photographers to document their surroundings and current events?
- The impact and influence of photography on public opinion based on a few examples of current events such as the refugee crisis.
- Inspiration can be based on happy events but it can also call for action when it is based on sad situations.
- We shall not forget to talk about the photographers who are out there in conflict situation and risk their lives for the photos that we see on the news. We give the example of the Pulitzer Price winning photographer Kevin Carter (1969 – 1994)
- A closer look at the winning photo of the “World Press Photo of the Year” captured by Warren Richardson
- Is there still room for photography in a world full of (YouTube) videos?
- Photobook of the month: Chris Warwick – The Creative Fight
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes. Wed also love to get your feedback. Is there anything that you want us to cover on the show in the future?
About this show:
On the monthly #Inspiration episode of the Photofocus podcast Scott and Marco will discuss the art, history and motivation in photography that often gets lost in today’s media rich world. Slow down, look closer and put more intent into photography to increase you creativity and final results. And simply spread the pure love of photography.
Marco's approach to photography is "reduce to the basics and focus on the story and the subject." Growing up with the limitations that film photography has taught him, he still enjoys the basic approach to photography today. For Marco the camera is a tool and a mere extension of his instincts.
Marco is the producer and co-host of the Photofocus #Inspiration and #Mirrorless podcasts episodes.
Latest posts by Marco Larousse (see all)
- Photographer of the day: Scott Johnston - March 31, 2017
- Photofocus Podcast — Mirrorless with Scott Bourne & Marco Larousse - March 31, 2017
- Photographer of the day: Pierre Pichot - March 23, 2017