In this episode, Skip Cohen and Chamira Young chat with Tamara Lackey about the role that education plays in running a successful photography business.
We discuss in detail:
- The importance of physical interaction in education
- Thinking on your feet and the ability to interact with people
- Evolving as a person vs being stagnant (sometimes we become blind to our own imperfections)
- PPE, WPPI, Imaging USA, and Shutterfest
- Pre-determining what do you want to learn BEFORE going to a conference. Making a game plan and taking notes
- After a conference, reserving a “cool down” period in order to implement what you learned
- The importance of learning how to market consistently
- The challenge of having a healthy work/life balance
You can find Tamara at:
Enhance your revenue stream: sign up for Adobe Stock and submit your video content!
Have suggestions on future topics you want us to cover? Email us:
Share This Podcast!
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes.
Latest posts by Chamira Young (see all)
- Beyond Technique Podcast with Adam Mowery | Photofocus Podcast January 16, 2019 - January 16, 2019
- Mind Your Own Business Podcast with Karen Kuehn | Photofocus Podcast January 11, 2019 - January 11, 2019
- Beyond Technique Podcast with Julie Dermansky | Photofocus Podcast December 19, 2018 - December 19, 2018