Follow Rich on Twitter
Photoshop Touch just made the jump from tablet only to iPhone and Android smartphones. Many have been anxious for this day (almost a year since the tablet version shipped). Photoshop Touch is now available for $4.99 USD (compared to $9.99 USD for the tablet).
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or higher
- iOS 5 or higher
- iPhone 4S or higher
- iPod Touch (5th Generation or later)
Photoshop features. Mobile Convenience.
- Core Photoshop features like layers, advanced selection tools, adjustments and filters
- Exclusive Scribble Select for high-precision, even using a finger
- Work on high-resolution images while maintaining highest quality. Supports images up to 12 megapixels with 3 layers.
Powerful effects for endless creativity
- Exclusive Camera fill for live blending of layers, selections, and blend modes using your devices camera
- Create something other-worldly with paint strokes, unique filters like Color Drops, and special effects like Lens Flare
- Share images to Facebook, Twitter or via email
Creative Cloud connection
- Automatically sync projects between phone, tablet, and computer using free access to Adobe Creative Cloud
- Start a project on a smartphone and continue on a tablet
- Free Creative Cloud account includes 2GB of storage
It looks like Adobe is all in on the mobile side. The tool is impressive with the ability to make selections, use layers, and even export layered files for use in Photoshop. The app doesn’t differ significantly from the tablet version, but the jump to both iPhone and Android smartphones just grew the audience in a major way.
The only drawback is that the existing customers using it on a tablet need to but the app again (but it’s $5… so stop yelling).
The 2GB of cloud storage to back up images is a steal…
Android users get it here
iPhone users get it here
Read the FAQ here
Rich has published over 100 courses on Lynda.com. Rich has authored several books including From Still to Motion, Understanding Photoshop, Professional Web Video, and Creating DSLR Video.
Latest posts by Richard Harrington (see all)
- Sunday Comics: Stuff People Say To Photographers - April 23, 2017
- Photofocus Unveils Video Training Library (Try Two Classes for Free!) - April 18, 2017
- DSLR Video Weekly: A Stable Platform to Shoot From - April 15, 2017