- Get to know an inspirational photographer: This month Scott introduces you to the American documentary photographer Dorothea Lange (1895 – 1965). She is best known for her documentary photography during the great depression (1929-1939). Her most famous image “Migrant Mother” (1936) is one of the most exhibited images in history. Dorothea’s work had a great impact on modern documentary photography. Her images gave the poor and forgotten a face and her work for the FSA from 1935-1939 is iconic for that time.
- Scott and Marco share their thoughts on why printing your image is so important – especially in today’s digital world.
- Marco interviews Travis Mc Connaghy from the US office of the oldest German paper manufacturer Hahnemuehle (founded in 1584)
- In the interview, we cover printers, ink, paper, calibration, software settings and icc profiles. And all of this is today a lot less complicated than many may think!
- Good paper manufacturers like Hahnemuehle supply icc profiles and instructions on how to get the best results with their paper and your pro-grade ink jet printer.
- After the interview Scott and Marco share more thoughts on their experiences with printing and strongly urge you, the audience to take action and print more of your work. It may be a life changing experience for your photography.
- Marco’s photo book of the month pick is: Fine Art Printing For Photographers by Uwe Steinmueller. This book is great for anyone who wants to find a consistent printing workflow.
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes. We would also love to get your feedback. Is there anything that you want us to cover on the show in the future? And we would appreciate if you could take a short moment to rate or to post a quick review on iTunes for us.
About this show:
On the monthly #Inspiration episode of the Photofocus podcast, Scott and Marco will discuss the art, history and motivation in photography that often gets lost in today’s media rich world. Slow down, look closer and put more intent into photography to increase your creativity and final results. And simply spread the pure love of photography.
Marco's approach to photography is "reduce to the basics and focus on the story and the subject." Growing up with the limitations that film photography has taught him, he still enjoys the basic approach to photography today. For Marco the camera is a tool and a mere extension of his instincts.
Marco is the producer and co-host of the Photofocus #Inspiration and #Mirrorless podcasts episodes.
Latest posts by Marco Larousse (see all)
- Photographer of the day: Scott Johnston - March 31, 2017
- Photofocus Podcast — Mirrorless with Scott Bourne & Marco Larousse - March 31, 2017
- Photographer of the day: Pierre Pichot - March 23, 2017