Welcome to Mind Your Own Business! Premier headshot photographer and education Peter Hurley joins us today!
- How Peter got his unconventional start in photography, and how his background gave him a unique edge
- The importance of having a plan for your gear
- Trends where photographers seem to be struggling with their portfolio
- The importance of having good “taste” when building a portfolio
- How to get great images at conventions like Shutterfest
- The difference between copying someone’s shot at a convention and being able to recreate your own great shot on your own
- Tips for interacting with your portrait subjects and putting them at ease
- Advice for photographers who want to break into headshot photography
Peter can be found at:
- PeterHurley.com: Peter’s portfolio site
- HeadshotCrew.com: coaching platform and referral engine for headshot photography
- HeadshotMania.com: Peter’s upcoming headshot event March 19, 2020
Have suggestions on future topics you want us to cover? Email us:
Share This Podcast!
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes.