This week’s podcast interviews photographers Cindy Harter Sims about printmaking and competitions. Then we catch up with well-known glamour photographer Lou Freeman. Tune in and get inspired.
Cindy Harter Sims
Cindy Harter is a portrait photographer located in Cartersville, GA. Her philosophy for her life and her business is Live Independently. Feel Intimately. Love Courageously. She shares her philosophy on making images that inspire.
- Who is Cindy?
- How does she describe her work and who does she photograph?
- Live independently, feel intimately & love courageously
- Learning from WPPIs print competition.
- How many years has Cindy been entering the print competition?
- How has is change her approach to taking photographs?
- Are trends good or bad?
- Who prints her work?
- How what you print on can make a difference in your work?
- Prepping and understand what you need to do to enter for the first time.
- Word of mouth is everything
- Family affair and working with her family
- Keeping art bright
- Art in your life is a gift
- Feeling the moments of knowing where you are supposed to be
- Remind yourself how far youve come
- Where can you find Cindy?
Lou Freeman is a Master Fashion, Glamour, and Beauty Photographer whos career has spanned 3 decades with a focus on advertising, fashion and celebrity portraits. This interview is from the busy show floor at WPPI, so there is a little background noise.
- Who is Lou Freeman?
- What does she do?
- How does she emotionally support her clients?
- Everything can be made to look beautiful
- Shift in her career and what she learned?
- What can you communicate with your eyes?
- Ask for a better pose rather than Don’t do this because Speak in the positive and never in the negative to your client.
- People show stress in how they hold their hands and in their neck/shoulders
- Its up to the photographer to create the mood and scene
- Working with those who elevate you and your work and vise versa.
- Collaborating with a stylist and why?
- No matter who they are go to the lengths
- Try to make the most out of every chance you have to get the image.
- Color, impact and celebrity draws people to your portfolio.
- Take care of yourself as a photographer. What you put out there is what you are showing the world.
- Dress like your price point.
- What is one lighting tool that every photographer should know?
- Learn how to keyword and SEO your website
- Where can you find Lou?