Back in October during PhotoPlus Expo I had the pleasure of meeting the founders of a new Bag Company that had just been funded on Kickstarter, WANDRD. The two adventurous brothers were displaying a prototype bag called the PRVKE (Provoke), and it caught my interest pretty freaking quick. At the time I had been coming from several months on the road traveling and shooting, and getting pretty frustrated with my bag selection. Albeit huge, I was still lacking in that perfect travel kit bag that fit all my gear, felt comfortable, and looked better than a standard backpack.
The PRVKE bag reminded me of a mash up of a camping gear bag and a designer backpack from a runway fashion show. Basically, a perfect combination of looks and function…and pretty much exactly what I needed!
- 3 Points of access: Roll Top, Side Quick Camera Access, and Clamshell Opening
- Modular, removable camera cube that fits a DSLR/SLR body and up to 8 lenses
- Integrated side camera sling
- Checkpoint friendly, adjustable laptop sleeve
- Removable waist strap
- Two, dual hook cinch straps with 4 connection points for external gear attachment (front or bottom)
- Secure passport pocket built into the back panel
- Rainfly with dedicated storage
- Expandable water bottle/tripod pocket
- Sleek and minimal, urban-inspired design
- Roll Top Access with Magnetic Handles for easy hand carrying
- Strap Pockets for Memory Cards & Lens Caps
What does all this mean? It’s pretty much got everything you’d need for a travel camera and personal tote bag! My first impression out of the box (literally), was that the bag was kind of big and heavy even with next to nothing in it. The weight I can attribute to the sturdiness of the build, and and additional thing i appreciated of the design compared to a lot of the other bags out there, was the more solid/leather like design. Since i spend a lot of time out in the elements, cleaning the dust and dirt of a photo-adventure off took nothing more than a quick wipe down with a paper towel!
At first I didn’t like the roll top, as it felt a bit much but, as I used the bag more and more, I realized just how great the additional and customizable space really was! From clothing to snacks to an OVER abundance of additional camera gear, the Prvke handled it all like a champ and was incredibly comfortable regardless of the weight load!
Value & Conclusion
Coming in at a price point of $270.00 US, it’s right on par or even less than most other bags of it’s size and comparison on the market! Especially those of the more “designer” level. To be honest, I don’t think I can recommend this bag enough! With all of my recent travels, it’s proven to be a perfect fit for Flights and my Traveling Photog-Lifestyle.
Head on over to the WANDRD website for more information, accessories, and to learn more about the Cope Brothers!