Photofocus’ coverage of photo/video reaches hundreds of thousands of photographers every month. We strive to provide excellent editorial coverage of tools and services that support the photo/video industry. To do so, we adhere to the following principles.
- We review photo-related products only.
- We do not accept payment for reviews.
- We only review shipping products, not betas.
- We only review retail copies of products.
- We don’t review crippled or time-limited software.
- We don’t review Kickstarter (or similar) projects.
- For legal reasons, we do not return items sent for review.
To preserve editorial space, we like to focus on products we see as a useful or beneficial to our readership. Our authors will use their expertise to test your product. We strive to be positive and fair in every review – but we will point out both strengths and flaws as we see them. We tend NOT to review products we dislike. We do very few in-depth reviews since our audience has told us they prefer a simple field use report with conclusions.
If you would like a product reviewed and can agree to these guidelines, please contact us.
All reviews are done in the order the product is received. Please monitor the site to see if your product has been reviewed.