Welcome to Beyond Technique, a podcast empowering photographers to bring their businesses to the next level!
In this episode, Skip Cohen and Chamira Young dive deep into a discussion with fashion, advertising, and portrait photographer Kristina Varaksina.
We discuss in detail:
- being your own “art director”
- developing your own unique style
- the other complementary skills that help her photography business
- the fine points of professionalism when dealing with clients – communication and understanding their needs
- the importance of communicating with your clients in the very beginning so that everyone is on the same page
- the many places to find inspiration for our own personal photography style
- how PhotoShelter was a game changer for her website needs
- the art of storytelling with your images
- the role of introspection and personal projects
- working with a team
You can find Kristina at:
Start your 14 Day FREE trial of PhotoShelter, plus 20% off a Standard or Pro Account for a year. Use the coupon code PHOTOFOCUS20
PhotoShelter gives people and organizations easy ways to manage their photos – from delivering, storing, selling, sharing – all from one place. Their platform offers simple and smart ways to share, store, deliver and sell your highest quality work. They handle the biggest files and solve some of the biggest business challenges for professional photographers.
Get social! Follow PhotoShelter online:
- PhotoShelter Blog
- PhotoShelter on Twitter
- PhotoShelter on Facebook
- PhotoShelter on Instagram Stories
Have suggestions on future topics you want us to cover? Email us:
Share This Podcast!
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes.
Latest posts by Chamira Young (see all)
- Mind Your Own Business Podcast with Brent Watkins | Photofocus Podcast February 8, 2019 - February 8, 2019
- Beyond Technique Podcast with Adam Mowery | Photofocus Podcast January 16, 2019 - January 16, 2019
- Mind Your Own Business Podcast with Karen Kuehn | Photofocus Podcast January 11, 2019 - January 11, 2019