The Mind Your Own Business Podcast with David Schonauer | Photofocus Podcast June 8, 2018 by Photofocus
In this episode, Skip Cohen and Chamira Young chat with Pro Photo Daily Editor and Motion Arts Pro David Schonauer!
In this episode, Skip Cohen and Chamira Young chat with Pro Photo Daily Editor and Motion Arts Pro David Schonauer about getting your photographs published!
We discuss in detail:
- The art of getting your work published
- The criteria he used to pick certain images as an editor
- The value of authentic networking and relationship building
- Building relationships with a magazines for the long term
- Entering competitions to get your work seen
- The importance of doing your homework and research beforehand
- The importance of portfolio reviews
- The value of face-to-face interactions when you want to get your work seen
- Being personable and pleasant in your communication skills
- Making the most of showing your work at conventions
- Tips for having an effective website Contact Page
- Picking your marketing strength and sticking with it
Join the American Photography OPEN Competition. Accepting submissions until August 24!
Enhance your revenue stream: sign up for Adobe Stock and submit your video content!
Have suggestions on future topics you want us to cover? Reach out!
- @SkipCohen on Twitter and Facebook
- [email protected]
- Chamira Young: [email protected]
Share This Podcast!
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes.
Latest posts by Chamira Young (see all)
- Beyond Technique Podcast with Adam Mowery | Photofocus Podcast January 16, 2019 - January 16, 2019
- Mind Your Own Business Podcast with Karen Kuehn | Photofocus Podcast January 11, 2019 - January 11, 2019
- Beyond Technique Podcast with Julie Dermansky | Photofocus Podcast December 19, 2018 - December 19, 2018