- The inspiration show is moving with Scott and Marco to a new place. In the future, we will broadcast our shows on the PhotoPodcastNetwork.com
- Get to know an inspirational photographer: This month Marco introduces you to the Swiss/American photographer Robert Frank. Robert Frank is a famous and influential documentary photographer best known for his social documentary photo book “The Americans” from the 1950’s. You can find out more about him in this NYT article: https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/05/magazine/robert-franks-america.html
- Marco and Scott discuss some of the important inspiration aspects of photography that they have shared here on Photofocus in the past.
- Printing your images is still one of Scott’s and Marco’s most important aspects of photography and decent printers can already be bought for less than US-$100 like the Canon PIXMA iP7220 Wireless Color Photo Printer (bhpho.to/2mjgEd2). And 17″ pro-grade printers for high-quality fine art printing are more pricey, but they come in a fairly compact package to fit in almost any home office or studio – like the Epson SureColor P800 (bhpho.to/2mSyfMM)
- Here is a link to all the inspiration podcast episodes that Scott and Marco produced for Photofocus in the past: https://photofocus.com/?s=inspiration+podcast+larousse
- Scott’s photo book of the month pick is: Mountain Lights – In search of the dynamic landscape – by Galen Rowell. This book was first published in 1986 and it was one of the influential factors that moved Scott over to outdoor photography. More books from Galen Rowell can be found here: http://www.mountainlight.com/books.html
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes. We would also love to get your feedback. Is there anything that you want us to cover on the show in the future? And we would appreciate if you could take a short moment to rate or to post a quick review on iTunes for us.
About this show:
On the monthly #Inspiration episode of the Photofocus podcast, Scott and Marco discussed the art, history and motivation in photography that often gets lost in today’s media rich world. Slow down, look closer and put more intent into photography to increase your creativity and final results. And simply spread the pure love of photography.
Marco's approach to photography is "reduce to the basics and focus on the story and the subject." Growing up with the limitations that film photography has taught him, he still enjoys the basic approach to photography today. For Marco the camera is a tool and a mere extension of his instincts.
Marco is the producer and co-host of the Photofocus #Inspiration and #Mirrorless podcasts episodes.
Contact Marco on twitter @HamburgCam
Latest posts by Marco Larousse (see all)
- Photographer of the day: Scott Johnston - March 31, 2017
- Photofocus Podcast — Mirrorless with Scott Bourne & Marco Larousse - March 31, 2017
- Photographer of the day: Pierre Pichot - March 23, 2017