- Get to know an inspirational photographer: This month Scott introduces you to the American combat photographer Stacy Pearsall (born 1980 in Texas). Stacy is an award winning photographer and Scott has been fortunate to meet and talk to her in person. Find out more about the moving stories from Stacy in this NYT Lens article: https://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/15/still-shooting-after-the-end-of-war/. Please also take a look at Stacy’s fantastic Veterans Portrait Project here: http://stacypearsall.com. Stacy has also written the book: “A Photojournalist’s Field Guide – In the trenches with Stacy Pearsall” that you can get here: bhpho.to/2kCevci
- Here is the link to the “Inspiration & ideas for photo projects in 2017” episode, that Marco mentioned: https://photofocus.com/2017/01/14/photofocus-podcast-january-14-2017-inspiration-with-scott-bourne-marco-larousse/
- Scott shares the interesting things and inspiration that he saw at WPPI 2017 in Las Vegas.
- Triggered by a listener question about the “religion of shallow depth of field and bokeh” Scott and Marco discuss the different aspects and reasons why one should or should not use fast lenses and when to shoot them wide open and when not to do that.
- Marco explains how he takes advantage of the two stops aperture advantage between the Fuji XF 14mm f2.8 vs. the Fuji XF 16mm f1.4 lens.
- Marco’s photo book of the month pick is: GENESIS by Sebastião Salgado. This short quote by Sebastião describes what this beautiful 520 pages book is all about: “In GENESIS, my camera allowed nature to speak to me. And it was my privilege to listen.” https://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/photography/all/05767/facts.sebastio_salgado_genesis.htm
- We discussed the work of Sebastião Salgado as the inspirational photographer of the month in the June 14th, 2016 inspiration episode. You can go back to listen to it here: https://photofocus.com/2016/06/14/photofocus-podcast-june-14-2016-inspiration-with-scott-bourne-marco-larousse/
- Marco’s photo blog with the current project that he discussed at the end of the show can be found here: https://www.marcolarousse.com/blog/
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes. We would also love to get your feedback. Is there anything that you want us to cover on the show in the future? And we would appreciate if you could take a short moment to rate or to post a quick review on iTunes for us.
About this show:
On the monthly #Inspiration episode of the Photofocus podcast, Scott and Marco will discuss the art, history and motivation in photography that often gets lost in today’s media rich world. Slow down, look closer and put more intent into photography to increase your creativity and final results. And simply spread the pure love of photography.
Marco's approach to photography is "reduce to the basics and focus on the story and the subject." Growing up with the limitations that film photography has taught him, he still enjoys the basic approach to photography today. For Marco the camera is a tool and a mere extension of his instincts.
Marco is the producer and co-host of the Photofocus #Inspiration and #Mirrorless podcasts episodes.
Contact Marco on twitter @HamburgCam
Latest posts by Marco Larousse (see all)
- Photofocus Podcast February 14, 2017 — Inspiration with Scott Bourne & Marco Larousse - February 14, 2017
- Photographer of the day: Lauri Novak - February 11, 2017
- Photographer of the day: Anton Endaya - February 4, 2017