A new version of Lightroom just came out… we’ll have more coverage of the features soon… but this an important (and free) update.
You can get Lightroom 5.7 here (it’s a free update for all version 5 and Creative Cloud customers). If you use Creative Cloud, just launch the Creative Cloud app to download… otherwise visit these links:
Updates to Synced Collections
- Synced collections now show a more prominent share button at the top of the Toolbar. This allows you to quickly share your synced collection with friends, family, and clients using Lightroom web (http://lightroom.adobe.com).
- Comments and likes left on Lightroom web now sync to the Lightroom desktop catalog. Comments and Likes will be shown in the Comment panel for synced collections.
- Images with comments and likes will display a badge indicating that there are comments and a colored badge to indicate that there are unread comments.
Aperture/iPhoto Migration Tool
The Apple Aperture and Apple iPhoto library importer is now fully integrated into Lightroom. This was previously available as a separate and downloadable plug-in. Now its built in and has been localized for different languages.
New Camera Support in Lightroom 5.7
The following new cameras have been added to both Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw.
- Canon EOS 7D Mark II
- Canon PowerShot G7 X
- Canon PowerShot SX60 HS
- Casio EX-100PRO
- Fujifilm X30
- Fujifilm X100T
- Fujifilm X-T1 Graphite Silver
- Leaf Credo 50
- Leica D-Lux (Typ 109)
- Leica M-P
- Leica V-Lux (Typ 114)
- Leica X (Typ 113)
- Nikon D750
- Olympus PEN E-PL7
- Olympus STYLUS 1s
- Panasonic DMC-CM1
- Panasonic DMC-GM1S
- Panasonic DMC-GM5
- Panasonic DMC-LX100
- Pentax K-S1
- Pentax QS-1
- Samsung NX1
- Sony ILCE-5100
- Sony ILCE-QX1
New Tethered Capture Support
These cameras are newly supported for Tethered Capture in Lightroom 5.7.
- Nikon D4S
- Nikon D810
Bugs Corrected in Lightroom 5.7
- The crop overlay displayed an intermediate step when progressing through images in the filmstrip with overlay displayed.
- The lens profile for the Canon EF 16-35mm f/4 would not auto-select when using Lens Profile Corrections.
- ICC profiles resulted in incorrectly clipped shadows and blacks in Lightroom. Note that this is related to the issue identified here and only occurs on Mac OSX 10.9 and later
- Fixed crash when rapidly adding corrections with the Spot Removal tool.
- Fixed bug that prevented the Filter Brush cursor from displaying while changing brush size when the Graduated and Radial Filter overlay is turned off.
- Improved quality of Camera Matching color profiles for the Nikon D810. Fixes visible banding issues with the Camera Standard, Camera Vivid, Camera Landscape, and Camera Monochrome profiles.
- Context menu (right click on PC or control+click on Mac) was disabled for images contained in Lightroom mobile collections.
- Fixed issue that prevented Lightroom 5 from reading Photoshop Elements 13 libraries.
- Cover images set by Lightroom mobile were sometimes incorrectly reset by Lightroom desktop.
- Sync with Lightroom mobile sometimes stalled when asset is added to same album on both LrM and LrD and later deleted
- Resolved issue that caused Lightroom to crash when creating a Print and saving it to a mounted DVD directly inside Lightroom.
- Publishing images to Behance using the Behance Publish Service has been restored.
Rich has published over 100 courses on Lynda.com. Rich has authored several books including From Still to Motion, Understanding Photoshop, Professional Web Video, and Creating DSLR Video.
Latest posts by Richard Harrington (see all)
- Building a Photography Portfolio to Get Work - February 17, 2017
- Adobe Creative Suite Officially Retired… But What About Lightroom? - January 26, 2017
- The Ultimate GoPro 5 Kit - November 25, 2016