This week’s podcast interviews photographers Tamara Lackey about travel photography Then, we catch up with Bill Fortney to talk postproduction.
Tamara Lackey is a professional photographer, speaker, and author. She focusses on lifestyle photography, from childrens portraits to celebrity portraits. Tamaras work has been featured in dozens of media outlets, including Parenting Magazine, O The Oprah Magazine, Town & Country, Vogue, Food & Wine, Mens Journal, Nikon World, Professional Photographer Magazine, Rangefinder Magazine, Photoshop User Magazine, NBCs The Martha Stewart Show, ABCs Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, PBS Need to Know and NBCs The Today Show.
Rich and Tamara discuss:
- Travel/landscape photography while traveling
- Why photography vacations
- How to travel wisely?
- Packing camera gear
- Travel internet speeds and backups
- Stolen gear
- New classes coming up
- Where to find Tamara?
Bill Fortney is a professional photographer who has now switched to being a self-described “very serious amateur shooter.” He has spent several years working with Nikon in their Professional Services group. He also has worked for many years shooting landscapes, nature, and sports.
Levi and Bill discuss:
- Doing HDR in post
- NIK Color Effects Pro 4
- Using the sliders
- Favorite editing tools for HDR
- Not killing the integrity of the original image
- Having options
Rich has published over 100 courses on Lynda.com. Rich has authored several books including From Still to Motion, Understanding Photoshop, Professional Web Video, and Creating DSLR Video.
Latest posts by Rich Harrington (see all)
- Refining a hue/saturation adjustment layer with the on image tool in Photoshop - October 10, 2018
- Using the color lookup adjustment layer in Photoshop - October 3, 2018
- Expert level black and white images with a Photoshop gradient map - September 26, 2018