This week’s Is a double-header, packed with information and inspiration. We’ll catch up with two very different photographers who will both inspire you with practical tips and challenges.
Glyn Dewis is a Photographer and a Retoucher. He is also a Photoshop World Instructor based just outside of Oxford in the UK. He works internationally shooting promotional and commercial photos primarily focussed on Physique Athletes, Musicians, Bands and Up and Coming Actors.
Levi and Glyn discuss:
- Who is Glyn Dewis?
- What hes working on
- The importance of personal projects
- How do you make personal projects happen?
- Why are personal projects so important?
- Taking personal projects seriously
- The way you work with clients
- Photography is a people business
- Where to find Glyn online
Rich Harrington catches up with photographer Robert Vanelli (aka V). After a successful career as a three time Triple Crown Karate champion, Robert Vanelli turned his attention to teaching. As an educator for over 30 years, Vanelli has created several photography and digital workflow programs including a special program, Click for Kids. Borrowing concepts from the martial arts, Vanelli instilled values such as integrity, and goal setting using photography as a vehicle to motivate children.
Rich and Vanelli talk about:
- Who is V?
- What struggles do new photographers face?
- Practical advice for all photographers
- Knowing your gear (in the dark)
- How limitations can make you better
- Taking self assignments and mental challenges
- Rookie mistakes to avoid
- Learning versus knowing
- Stop shooting in the dark, embrace light
Rich has published over 100 courses on Lynda.com. Rich has authored several books including From Still to Motion, Understanding Photoshop, Professional Web Video, and Creating DSLR Video.
Latest posts by Rich Harrington (see all)
- Removing Ghost Images with Deghosting in Aurora HDR 2018 (part 10) - April 17, 2018
- Aligning Source Images with Aurora HDR 2018 (part 9) - April 14, 2018
- When to Load Raw and when to Use Preprocessed Files in Aurora HDR 2018 (part 8) - April 10, 2018