Adobe release Lightroom 5.6 today. You can get it here for Windows | Mac. This update was all about support for a few new cameras, the addition of new lens profiles, and some bug fixes. No new features were expected and none delivered.
New Camera Support
Lightroom 5.6 adds raw format support for the following cameras:
- Nikon D810**
- Panasonic LUMIX AG-GH4
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ1000
**Note: D810 tethering support is not available yet.
New Lens Support
Support for the following lenses was also added:
- Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM**
- Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD A010E
- Tamron 18-200 f/3.5-6.3 DiIII VC B011EM
**Note: there is a known bug that results in the profile for the newly added Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM lens to not be automatically located when applying lens profile corrections. There is a workaround until the next update containing a fix:
- Manually select the profile and choose Save New Lens Profile Defaults in the Setup menu on the Profile tab. From then on, the lens should automatically select when the profile is enabled.
- Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR 70-300mm f/4.5 5.6
- Tamon 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD A010N
- Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM A013
Phase One A/S Mount:
- Schneider Kreuznach LS 40-80mm f/4.0-5.6
Sony Alpha Mount
- Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM A013
- Sony 28mm f/2.8
- Sony 16mm f/2.8 Fisheye
- Sony 100mm f/2.8 MACRO
- Sony DT 16-105mm f/3.5-5.6
- Sony DT 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3
- Sony DT 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3
- Sony 70-200mm f/2.8G
- Sony 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM
- Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM
- Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM II
- Sony 135mm f/2.8 [T4.5] STF
- Sony 300mm f/2.8 G SSM II
- Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M
What’s Been Fixed?
And finally, a number of bugs have been squashed. Nikon D810 owners who used the Camera Raw 8.6 Release Candidate should pay special attention:
- Collections with a custom sort order would sometimes not properly sync with Lightroom mobile.
- Updated the Adobe Standard color profile for the Nikon D810. Please note that this only impacts customers who used Camera Raw 8.6 or DNG Converter 8.6 to convert NEF raw files from the D810 to DNG.
- Star ratings set in Lightroom mobile did not properly sync to Lightroom desktop. Please note that this only occurred on images that were added to Lightroom mobile from the camera roll.
- Resolved the issues causing the persistent Syncing images state that some users have reported.
- Star ratings would sometimes not sync from Lightroom desktop to Lightroom mobile. Please note that this only occurred when attempting to sync a Collection that contained more than 100 photos that already contained star ratings.
- Added information to the System Info dialogue to help designate if the customer installed Lightroom from the Creative Cloud.
- Unable to open sRaw files from the Nikon D810. Please note that this only impacted customers that converted D810 sRaw files to DNG in either Camera Raw 8.6 RC or DNG Converter 8.6 RC.
- Images with invalid GPS coordinates would not properly sync with Lightroom mobile.
- Lightroom occasionally crashed when changing image selection on Windows. Please note that this only occurred on the Windows platform.
- JPEG files exported from Lightroom would not open or be available to edit within Canon Digital Photo Professional application software.
- Lightroom would run in reduced functionality mode when it should not.
How to Get the Download
Rob writes the “Under the Loupe” column for Photoshop User Magazine, and is the author of many photography related books.
Latest posts by Rob Sylvan (see all)
- Photographer of the Day: Arenkert - February 21, 2017
- Happy Birthday Lightroom! Let’s Look Back on Lightroom Version 1 - February 20, 2017
- Photographer of the day: Mark Zukowski - February 15, 2017